At Express Facility Management we see sustainability and environmental responsibility as a discipline and part of our culture rather than a corporate function. Our goal is to enhance and promote a healthy environment for our staff, our customers, and their customers.
WASTE REDUCTION STRATEGIES
Our green cleaning and recycling process involves collecting separated trash and disposing it into portable recycling collection containers or designated recycle areas.
Janitorial staff is trained to report recyclables that are improperly sorted or found in the garbage to allow program manager to communicate expectation and solutions with employees
Janitorial staff will breakdown and pickup extra recycling items such as large pieces of cardboard and excess bags of recycling materials to collection containers
PROMOTING A HEALTHIER ENVIRONMENT
Sustainable Cleaning Products and Materials
In an effort to reduce waste and promote a healthier environment, we utilize Green Seal and EcoLogo-certified cleaning products.
- In addition, microfiber technology is used for mops and dust rags as they are more efficient, require less water, and last longer
- Rag separation to avoid using paper
- Our teams use approved chemical concentrates and appropriate dilution systems
- Proper training of maintenance personnel in the hazards, use, maintenance and disposal of cleaning chemicals, dispensing equipment and packaging
- Use sustainable cleaning materials, products, equipment, janitorial paper products and trash bags
ESTABLISHING BEST PRACTICES
As a company that embraces technology to make the lives of our employees and customers better, we generate our share of e-waste.
- All phone, laptops, tablets, and computers after decommissioning are sent to recycling facilities where over 95% of the materials are extracted and recycled.
- We have established an internal steering committee to review our recycling best practices and make suggestions for improvements.
BECOME A VENDOR
We’re proud to partner with qualified service providers around the nation. Do you have what it takes to work with Express Facility Management? Submit your profile and we’ll be in touch to inform you about the next step.